Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How a Client can choose between some servers (based in same interface)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When I've got some objects implementations and one client, I do not know how my client can choose which server wants to use (of course when object implementations are based in same interface).

I think it might be managed using Naming Service, but I haven't figured out how it works. Also, I'd like to avoid the use of different names for the same interface.

Do you know a very simple way of doing this? Something like setting/asking object instance name, or managing different OSAGENT ports.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abel

Hi Abel
I hope that I understood your problem
In COBRA, each object implementation must have one or many references. For that reason, in the naming service, there are binding associating object references to symbolic names. So, when you have multiple objects having the same interface, there are only bindings for the object references not for the interfaces. You said that you'd like to avoid the use of different names for the same interface. I don't think it may be possible (an operation is executed on an object not on an interface).
You can use configure the POA to specify the objectID (the last part of the object reference) of your objects. The objectID can contain for example the name of the object instance. The client can analyze the references of these objects to identify for example the name of the object's instance.
If you want to know additional information (how to specify the ORB port, how to identify in the server side the client who had invocated a method), I can help you.
Best regards

Mohamed221

Hi Abel
I hope that I understood your problem
In COBRA, each object implementation must have one or many references. For that reason, in the naming service, there are binding associating object references to symbolic names. So, when you have multiple objects having the same interface, there are only bindings for the object references not for the interfaces. You said that you'd like to avoid the use of different names for the same interface. I don't think it may be possible (an operation is executed on an object not on an interface).
You can use configure the POA to specify the objectID (the last part of the object reference) of your objects. The objectID can contain for example the name of the object instance. The client can analyze the references of these objects to identify for example the name of the object's instance.
If you want to know additional information (how to specify the ORB port, how to identify in the server side the client who had invocated a method), I can help you.
Best regards

Mohamed221

Mohamed221, i am interested in a way to identify clients on the server side in corba.. i have been looking for a way to do it with interceptors but i havent found a way yet.. i would REALLY appreciate any help/suggestions you would have. much thanks

Hi,

Is it possible to run multiple instance of ORB in the same domain? My requirement is to have multiple instance of same orb in same domain, So that multiple clients can connects to individual instance. This is for testing purpose .. as multiple teams are working on testing and each team wants to have there own instance of corba server ... on same domain. If not, please let me know, if I create another domain and run the server in this domain ... means multiple servers, one fore each domain ... what is the impact on CPU processing and RAM.

Thanks and regards,
Mahesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back