Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How 2007 displays objects in the container

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToyFox

Programmer
Jan 24, 2009
US
The Access 2003 database container displays the objects in sortable lists by name, description, modified date and time and date created. The 2007 database container seems to show them in a vertical column along the left side of the form. Can this be made to look and act like the 2003 and previous containers. Is there anyway to make this 2007 product look a little like the 2003 version.

I share your dislike of the new 2007 screen layout. Some focus group got together and decided to make it easier for the novice user and harder for the developer. What was wrong with pull down menus? Change does not always mean progress.
The ribbon and the navigation pane take up a lot of development real estate. While the ribbon and navagation pane can be minimized the navigation pane can not be undocked as it was in 2003. Personaly I develop in 2003 and 2007, 2007 still has a lot of bugs which increase the development time and cause havoc. These are just a few visible ones.

Thanks for your response. I am just starting out migrating to 2007, what are some of the issues that you encounter that have caused havoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back