Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how 2 join Approach DB 2 organizer DB 2 create appt event in organizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

keystroker

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2005
US
I am using the approach order app that came with approach. I would like to auto create a schedule within lotus organizer using an 'order app' in approach. I would like create something in the order app to create an 'appt event' in the lotus organizer.

Is this possible and how?

how to join lotus Approach DB to lotus organizer DB?

I am thinking DB joins between the two but via googling nothing seems to appear. Will some please help me. The assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I do not see any way to do that because the "Organizer database" is not a type supported by Approach, and there is no access to Organizer thru LotusScript that I am aware of.

Organizer does have the ability to import vCard and vCalendar objects, so if you can create those from Approach, you could manually get them into Organizer.

From the Organizer HELP information:
The vCard (.VCF) and vCalendar (.VCS) file formats are protocols that share contact records, appointments, and tasks between applications that support these formats. With vCard, you can share information in your Contacts section in the form of an electronic business card; with vCalendar, you can share information in appointments and tasks.
For meeting notices, Organizer uses an iCalendar-based file format (.LCS).

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back