Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How 2 add email program

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkuljian

Programmer
Oct 6, 2000
US
How can I add an email program to the list? I don't use the two defaults, and would like my webmail to be one of those in the list. I'm using w2k pro.
Gregg

By "list" if you mean under the Program tab in Internet Options then it gets this from the registry.

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Clients\Mail (I am basing this on a Win98 but I think it is the same key in W2K)

If you look at the subkeys you can get the general idea of what data needs to be entered.

Cheers joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Howdy,
Yes! I looked at it and there are two general directories for the two mail programs, but at least half a dozen subdirectories. And I don't know what to do in order to get my webmail to run. I figured it was a registry thing. Thanks for your response, by the way. Any idea on what to do next? Or a website that might address this mod?
Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back