Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hoverbutton applet to go back

Status
Not open for further replies.

train2

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
GB
Hi,
I'm a novice user of frontpage, rapidly losing patience. And judging from number of posts about problems with hover buttons in frontpage maybe i should try to find an alternative. but anyway, maybe ther is a quick solution to this.

Code is below. the hover button should go back to previous page. the hover button seems to be displayed OK and on mouseover too and it's the only one I'm using anywhere on the site. The problem is simply that the GO BACK bit isn't working. I'm using the standard javascript code...

javascript:history.go(-1)

Is that wrong, or is it not possible to use that here? or what? Or has anyone got a better way aronud this problem?
Any advice appreciated,
Joanna

<applet code=&quot;fphover.class&quot; codebase=&quot;./&quot; width=&quot;80&quot; height=&quot;20&quot;>
<param name=&quot;hovercolor&quot; value=&quot;#0000FF&quot;>
<param name=&quot;textcolor&quot; value=&quot;#FFFFFF&quot;>
<param name=&quot;text&quot; value=&quot;Go Back&quot;>
<param name=&quot;font&quot; value=&quot;Dialog&quot;>
<param name=&quot;image&quot; valuetype=&quot;ref&quot; value=&quot;hovera.jpg&quot;>
<param name=&quot;hoverimage&quot; valuetype=&quot;ref&quot; value=&quot;hoverb.jpg&quot;>
<param name=&quot;effect&quot; value=&quot;bevelOut&quot;>
<param name=&quot;fontstyle&quot; value=&quot;bold&quot;>
<param name=&quot;color&quot; value=&quot;#000080&quot;>
<param name=&quot;target&quot; value=&quot;main1&quot;>
<param name=&quot;url&quot; valuetype=&quot;ref&quot; value=javascript:history.go(-1)>
<param name=&quot;target&quot; value=&quot;main1&quot;>
<param name=&quot;fontsize&quot; value=&quot;12&quot;>
</applet>

Well don't use a hover button. They take way too long to load on most websites because of the java. But the only thing that I see that &quot;might&quot; make a difference, change:
<param name=&quot;url&quot; valuetype=&quot;ref&quot; value=javascript:history.go(-1)>
to
<param name=&quot;url&quot; valuetype=&quot;ref&quot; value=&quot;javascript:history.go(-1)&quot;>

Thanks for response. From what I've been reading, hover buttons need to be avoided too. Thanks,
J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back