Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hover Buttons don't show up in "preview in browser" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markie37

Technical User
Mar 23, 2002
US
I would like to use the hover button feature in front page for my links index on my website. I got all set up and the buttons work the way I want them in "preview" mode but in "preview in browser" it doesnt work. They just aren't there. I lined the hover buttons up in the shared border on left side of page and want the same buttons on all pages I specify. What am I doing wrong or doesn't the hover button feature work that way?

Mark
Youngstown NY U.S.A.

Hover buttons might look nice but they are not that great to use - they use Java. And some people might not have that installed and sometimes on IE, Java interacts inappropriately from time to time.

The first thing I would do is to make sure that you have Java installed. Publish the site because if I remember correctly, you need to have this on the server or at least view it in IE locally. Using the Preview won't show the button.

Corey is correct - you have to have it published to a server running Front Page Extensions for the FP interactive buttons to work.

DBigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back