Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hover button

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL91

Programmer
Feb 8, 2001
US
I created a hover botton on my page with the bevel-out effect. the button is tan, and when it runs on mouseover it turns aqua. this is a mjor clash with the color scheme on the page, and I can't seem to change the effect color. I tried a few times in frontpage - nothing. I tried editing the html file in a text editor & changing the effect & backgroud color - nothing. is it controled in the .class files & how do i change it?

Thanks,
Mike

I've had the same problem. No solution yet. I went to "insert hyperlink" and designed my own button in cells of a table--however, the default colors for a hyperlink seem hard to change, too. I'll piggyback on your inquiry and watch for the expert answer.
Gus Brunston :)

Firstly Front Page hover buttons are applets and notoriously unreliable quite often playing up when live. I have now changed over to javascript, less coding, less memory and reliable.

But if you still use the hover buttons have you tried right clicking on the button and opening up the hover button menu, in there will be the selection of what colour you want on mouse over, this will automatically change the class file for you when you then click ok. If you want to change the standard hyperlink colour then right click on page, choose page properties, general (I think) and you will see the link properties there to changae the colour. Or you can use style ie.
<style type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
<!--
a.link {color:red; text-decoration:none}
a.active {color:blue; text-decoration:none}
a.visited {color:grey; text-decoration:none}
a.hover {color:#00ccff; text-decoration:underline}
--></style>

I have this problem too. When I view the page at home, the buttons are all funky colors. When I view it at work (in frontpage mind you) it appears fine? I dunno? When I post it to the web it appears how I want it to, so I just ignore it.

Hi There,

I would like to move all my effect to javascript, can
anyone advise me on a good trainer or tut. I do have a
little programming exp. All help will be most greatful

Hi, you would be wise to get rid of applet hover buttons altogether. You need a mouse-over script. You will have to make two identically sized image. There are loads of tutorials out there, but I have found for beginners this one is a lot easier to understand than most:

You can also download scripts for doing the mouse over, go to sites such as or or where you will find scripts for doing mouse overs.

Alternatively ther is an online tool to make the script for you. You will need to have two images on your hard drive, but just to try it out you can use any images, even though the end result wont look right, it will give ou an idea of what the code ends up looking like.

Or if you feel like forking out some money you can buy jbots, which within seconds will create the rollover for you along with many other handy scripts. I think their address is to see their mouse over in action look at my home page all the mouseover images in main body are done with jbots, but you also get menus and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back