Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hourly Trunk Group Measurments

Status
Not open for further replies.

deck02

MIS
Nov 5, 2002
US
We are trying to perform some trunk group analysis. Using the 'display meas-selection trunk-group' command, we have noticed that some of the trunks groups we are interested in are not measured hourly. The question is, does this parameter affect the 'list measurements trunk-group summary yesterday peak' command?

I Use DSA/ASA to keep stats on all my trunks. I run the Trunk report every day at 4 am. The DSA/ASA reports tell me all I want to know and even recomend trunk group size. I also have a call accounting system and run trunk reports so I can check that both systems ar telling me the truth.

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

deck02,
The trunks do not need to be setup for measurement-selection for the summary reports to be correct. Measurement-selection is just required for the list measurements trunk-group hourly" reports.

Also, as an FYI, a G3R or S8700 can have 75 trunk groups setup in measurement selection and the Si and Csi can have 25. Seting up the trunks in measurement selection is as simple as entering "change meas-select trunk-group" and entering the trunk group numbers that you want measured. I can not think of any good reason not to have all of your trunk groups measured (unless you have more than the system will allow you to measure!)

I hope this helps!

IPSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back