Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotline? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorACOG

Programmer
Oct 8, 2015
GB
Hi,
i am using nortel 3904 and i would like to set up a hotline using putty can you help? im new to this but been asked to do this via a project. HELP??

Assuming you're using a BCM, log-in to programming, go to Terminals and Sets, type the extension of the phone you wish to be a hotline, go to "capabilities", go to "hotline" and program the number you want it to call.

almost forgot, you may need to turn on "allow redirect" if not already turned on.

It will be tricky to do as to need to have the Call Server IP address and log in via an account.

Once logged in, you will need to find the port number from the extension number using e.g.

LD 20
REQ: PRT
TYPE DNB
CUST 0
DN XXX

Press return until you get some data out and that will contain the port (TN) number.

Repeat the above, but use TNB instead of DNB and enter in the TN where required etc to print out the full details.

Best to go to the correct forum as stated above and follow a good guide as posted in the link below.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Hi,

Thank you for the replies, im late replying my self as i never got notified of these replies, but i figured it lol. THANX XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back