Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotline Settings for 9+ dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antaew

Technical User
Aug 31, 2012
US
I have a BCM 400 I'm trying to set up a fax extension to call out without the staff having to dial 9. I set the HotLine to:

External
Use Prime Line
External P-(This is the seeting that's used on our other systems)

I'm not able to make calls with this configuration. Is there anything else i need to change in order for this to work.

Thanks

Prime is default I/C intercom in preferences and capabilities tab or you can assign a copper trunk pool as Prime for offhook line selection.

If it's an IP or PRI site and you still want to route over the most efficient trunk group(s), why not just put the 9 instead of the pause in the Hotline assignment?

I think coilcord and some others responded recently to this same Hotline programming issue.

KE407122

"The phone was working fine before it knocked over my coffee.

If you want, you can leave the P in(as a wait for dial tone on slower vintage Central Offices) and then the 9.

As far as not outpulsing the 9 (except when needed in Centrex programming) If 9 is needed on Centrex lines,that is usually just left to absorb 0 on Destination Codes so the 9 is outpulsed or if the 9 is not needed for outdial on regular CO lines, we absorb 1)

KE407122

I am not sure why the 9.
External 9 is for Centrex

Hotline Ext Pause gets you a line out.
Hotline Ext 9 gets you a line out and dials 9.

However maybe something different on the BCM but according to Antaew even their other sites are programmed as I mentioned.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

9 P....Hmmm, I'm dyslexic enough to see both as 9 or P.

We have a large number of Exterior phones in hotline and have to assign the pool:a, otherwise it just pulls I/C dialtone. (About 15 are Centrex sites requiring a 9.)

(For exterior phones we don't assign the rest of the digits as they also work in a Dees powerfail condition, where a CO line is then connected directly to the exterior phone and autodialer. Whereas, a centrex location would have to have the 9 in the autodialer sequence but not in the hotline programming.)

Sorry I mixed up your handle Curlycord with GHTROUT's Coilcord.Com.

Mark

KE407122

Standard for us. (The autodialer on the phone dials digits.)

Hotline type: External
Facility: Pool:A
External Number: P (as a wait for dialtone.)

(Centrex sites are exactly the same but the autodialer has the 9 in the sequence.)

KE407122

Let me tell you how I do it.

First of all, you need to be sure that the customer doesn't use "0" as an operator. It usually routes to the first DN. In the UK, we use "0" after the e.g. "9" access code for calls other than local ones and it's common for the first extension user to get annoyed when people forget to key in "9" first.

All I do is to go to Element Manager and select Configuration, Dialling Plan and General. Look for direct dial and change it from internal to external. Give it an external number to dial, folowed by the type of routing it uses etc.

I realise that this might not work elsewhere, but I've set this up so that customers can just dial the full number and also it can be setup to withold or allow the outgoing CLID if the facility is available from your local telephone exchange.

Using this method means anyone can make outgoing calls without having to use the access code.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back