Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotline set up on a Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahms

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
US
I need to know how to set up a door phone as a hotline. Then have it ring a group of phones. I have tried and according to the documentation, the hotline ext. will dial the first personal speed dial. That is where I am having problems. I can't get a personal speed dial on the door phone ext. Any idea's??
Thanks

Assuming the door phone is a single line phone, and that you want to have the hotline go to ext. 123, use this dial string: On the door phone, go off hook, enter: #00#01*21123##.
Then besure to list the doorphone extension as a hotline extension on the last page of the extension programming in WinSPM. TipHelp@charter.net

I understand that, but this is a doorphone. I cannot go off hook and enter the code. If I put an analog phone on the port and do what you said, then put the door phone back on, will that work?
thanks

Hey

The door phone has to be on a CO port then assign that CO port to a virtual extension (adjunct) then assign cover keys of the adjunct to the sets you want to ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back