Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOTLINE & HUNTING Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otoni

Technical User
Jun 18, 2012
UG
Hello guys,
Am not even sure what i should call the subject of this topic. But i am seeking guidance on my requirement as below.
Since there is a growing demand for migration to VoIP i have lots of clients who would prefer to integrate their Legacy exchange to VoIP without having to overhaul it simply because overhauling is expensive. Most have more than 100 extensions

The common challenge i am having with these clients (most have Panasonic KX-TDA series)is they expect to dial the extensions on the VoIP PBX/Server directly like they do on their old exchanges. For example XXX. However, usually after my integration, they are supposed to first press 9 then dial the extension number. The IP users on the VoIP exchange usually dial direct.

So, here is my question. Is there a way to setup the KX-TDA PBX so that immediately an extension goes off-hook a user does not have to press 9 (I.e it is auto-dialed)and all they have to do is dial their destination extension number which is routed according to ARS settings.

If it's possible and set, what impact does it have on dialing internal extensions (Extensions within the KX-TDA PBX) since when you go off-hook a trunk is ceased immediately. I await your great guidance.

How about Off Hook Preference?

Set the phone to select the CO/Virtual Line that is associated with the VOIP link.

If you set hotline that you picked up the handset And dial out without 9 you will have to press the dss for extension or press intercom first before dialing internal extension

You could set number plan that if you dial 5 it adds 9 automatically but you will need to have an unused number as internal access number

Thanks Billxx & OBT. Both suggestions look brilliant.
I will try both but would like to look more into the second option
" You could set number plan that if you dial 5 it adds 9 automatically but you will need to have an unused number as internal access number"

Am not sure if i understand this bit of it clearly -> but you will need to have an unused number as internal access number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back