Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotkeys on Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

debful

Technical User
Nov 10, 2002
AU
Just wondering how I can get my keyboard to respond to the hotkeys on it. Eg hit the My Documents button but it will not open my documents. The Web/Home hotkey works fine. My Music will not open my music nor will the my pictures open.
Any ideas appreciated.

Hello,

Not sure what make/model keybaord you have, you have to download software for it, or search your control panel under keyboard to see if you have the options.
You can also use 3rd party applications to setup keyboard hot keys. Such as Hotkey Assistant:

Post your model/make of the keyboard so we can do some searching for you.

Sergiusz Majer
Technical Support Representative

Ok my keyboard is a Microsoft Multimedia 1.0A. Product ID is 59195 oem 4381964-40546 kb-0168.

I tried to download new driver for the keyboard but it just said I am using the best one.

Thanks

Is this the one you tried?

Or if that link doesn't work for some reason, did you try the following?

It's an executable file which should install the driver along with necessary software for your hotkeys.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back