Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hotel Broadband/VPN won't work even without Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darfine

Technical User
Oct 27, 2002
US
I'm stuck in a hotel using their LodgeNet broadband access. All is good until I try to connect to my corporate VPN. I'm able to login (prompted for password, etc.) and get a connection, but then all browsing ability ceases, and all other internet applications appear unable to reach their servers. I can't ping the LodgeNet gateway, nor my office VPN server after the connection is established. No corporate LAN resources are available either.

LodgeNet offers the option to disable the firewall for VPN connections, which I did, but still not luck.

After shutting down my VPN Client (CISCO 5000), everthing else works again? Any tips?

Thanks!

Does your client use IPSec over UDP or TCP ? Check this.

Or, check to see if your internet access can be allowed to break out locally instead of going through the corporate LAN.

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately, I'm back home now and never did get it to work for me. The dialup route worked fine, though slow, of course.

Thanks anyway. I'll have to figure this out before my next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back