Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HotBar

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFRs

Programmer
Mar 28, 2003
US
I downloaded HotBar and really liked what it could do. Then I found it put a advertisement on the bottom of all emails, and it was considered a bad security risk My questions are: (1) can the advertisement be disabled? and (2) I uninstalled HotBar in disgust, is there a more frieldnly program with the same functionality out there?

Thanks !!

I did disable the Advertisement....but have forgotten how.....

Will research and respond again.....but I do remember that I had to download the emoticons,....backgrounds etc before I disabled it....then set up the backgrounds I like in the stationary folder so that I could access them again.

Viewing the source will give you some ideas I am sure

Download a program called ad-aware it searches out spyware and gives you the opportunity to delete them. The image behind the buttons is actually a feature in internet explorer. Hotbar simply makes it slightly easier to change images. Go to regedit.com and look it up. It's simply a registry value that points to an image.

James Holloway
Web Design of Oklahoma, LLC
We make web pages for beginners

i was wondering if there are any programs currently that are hotbar-like in that they prvide browser skins without having to check the internet options box "enables third party..." i had to disable that function for ebay to work properly, but i would still like to have a browser skin. not having the box checked apparently doesn't allow the hotbar skin to show up. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back