Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot to access FMP7 server data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

youtz

Programmer
Mar 14, 2008
CH
Hello,
I need to import FMP7 data into Oracle, I was thinking about using ODBC.
I tried:
1) Installed ODBC and FMP7 files on my work station, open the file with file maker pro -> it works I can access it with ODBC.
2) Tried to access the data from FileMaker Server: I always get connection refused.
3) Tried the same directly from the server: also get connection refused.

Is there a way to access fmp7 data without opening the file that I need to access?

Thanks in advance,
Olivier.

You doin' this one time or over and over again?

-Striker

We need to do it regularly (once a week or more often) and if possible automatically.

If it's not possible to access File Maker Server data directly, is it possible to create some scripts that when called from a batch will export FileMaker data to CSV ?

Thank you and best regards,
Olivier.

Olivier,

You can connect to Filemaker via ODBC. Have you set up Filemaker Server to allow ODBC connections? I'm using Filemaker 8, so it may be a little different, but you can go into the file and, when specifying a group's privileges, give them access via ODBC. You'll also need to set up Filemaker Server to allow ODBC connections - check this out:
HTH,

Doc Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back