Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot line application 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

52nooknick

Technical User
Apr 7, 2007
US
I have a Partner ACS 7.0 and would like to use a plain old touch tone wall phone...[ prefably a non-dial ] and when a user goes off hook, it will choose a outside line and call a specific telephone number using 1 of 4 C.O. lines set up for outgoing calls.
Is my best application a non-dial set from Viking with a Hot Line dialer or some other work around?
The goal is simple...non-dial set...auto dial using a outside line ....ability to call only one number from the set.
No need to be called...
I pretty sure that the Hotline feature within the system can call other stations but not a specific tel number outside of the system..
Any suggestions...
Thanks
Rich

you can set hotline up to call outside numbers , I have a couple set up that way.

here you go , from the manual

Use External Hotline (#311) to identify an extension that automatically dials a programmed
outside number when a user lifts the handset.

Skip555
Thanks so much for the reply...You are part of what makes this forum so great...

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back