Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot Key Form Designer - Code window

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgotovegas

Programmer
Feb 3, 2005
US
Hi All
Is there a hot key that will take you from the code window to the form designer window. Which keys take you back and forth.
ALSO When I run my app and then go back to vfp , VFP has closed all my form designer windows. How can I stop this. Thanks for any help!!

Kind Regards
John

To much of a good thing - is a good thing!

Hi John,

Is there a hot key that will take you from the code window to the form designer window.

Yes. Ctrl+TAB.

When I run my app and then go back to vfp , VFP has closed all my form designer windows.

Have you got a CLOSE ALL in your main program? If so, that would explain it.

A workaround would be to add MODIFY FORM <formname> NOWAIT to your closedown routine -- but be sure to remove it when you ship the app to the user.

Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Yes. Ctrl+TAB.
Mike,
Is this a VFP 8 or 9 hotkey?
I have always used Ctrl + F1 or Ctrl + F6 to switch between windows.

When I run my app and then go back to vfp , VFP has closed all my form designer windows.
VFP must close those windows in order to compile and run them, if they are a part of the app.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Dave,

Is this a VFP 8 or 9 hotkey?

I always thought it was a Windows hotkey -- but it doesn't seem to work in VFP 7.0.

I suppose another option would be Alt+W, then 1 (or 2, or whatever is the position of the form designer in the Window menu).

Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back