Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot Desking / Login disallowed when already on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2006
US
So for the weekends I have to make super logins that cover all the necessary hunt groups and when agents come in they can just log in to those. This way I don't have to keep adding and removing them from hunt groups, and I can't trust them with Hunt Group Enabled buttons. Is there any way to set up an extension so that you have to log in to use it but if another user tries to log into that extension it is disallowed? We had some trouble this weekend where agents were trying to log into the same super and kept logging each other out. I thought there was an easy fix to this but for some reason I can't seem to stumble upon it. Thanks.

I would suggest not sharing a hotdesk user. That always leads to confusion. In a small environment I have setup an additional user for each agent who need special access like you describe (all hunt groups). That way they use their assigned "super" hotdesk user on weekends or special occasions and it makes reporting easier if you use that feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back