Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot desking log out user template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmorel

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2009
US
Hi!

So we had Avaya IP Office for years, at multiple locations. We have a weird issue at one site. We programmed and used hot desking for years with no issue. When someone logs out of their extension through the "Logout" button, it calls the proper shortcode. All good. It would then show a page with basically two buttons. One called "Login" and one called "Logout". Except now instead of seeing "Login", it shows a first name. We are trying to find that "default" page/template showing the base extension. We looked user Button Programming and User rights. This behavior happens on any phone/extension for that site. As if someone renamed the "Login" button with their first name. That person no longer works for us (she was not IT, just a user) and I truly believe it wasn't a malicious thing. I think she managed to renamed the "Login" button and it happened to be a default template. Is that even possible? Or it's me and I got sidetracked, never realized I did that and saved it. Either way, when we hit that short code to force a logout of hotdesking and it goes to "No User" state but shows the 2 "Login" and "Logout" buttons, where is that actually located in the system? I apologize in advance if I didn't describe nor explain this properly.

When a user logs out, the phone displays (and follows) the settings of the user calls "NoUser". Just look for that user in the configuration and add a login button to their programmable button settings.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

not related to the problem but why is the "Logout" button calling a short code?
buttons should be programmed to access the features directly - not dial the short code that activates them

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back