Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hot desking & audix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neotel

ISP
Oct 21, 2009
ZA
I'm really stuck chaps, perhaps you can help out.......
I work for a company that uses a definity platform with audix as the voicemail. The system runs an ACD and centrevu CMS. The problem I have is this,
Half of the site (only one site) uses ACD and is therefore assigned a logon, xtn, DDI and mailbox(audix) we need to implement hot desking so that any agent can sit at any desk and log on to that phone, then all system parameters including the audix set-up needs to transfer to that station. Now we've got the system suppoted by integra who have very nicely sent a chap down to make the appropriate changes only he keeps telling me that we cant do the hot desking and give every user voicemail & ddi. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Regards
Phil Hall
phil@neotel.co.uk

I think he's correct, if your expectation is that the PBX should automatically select which mailbox should be called if the phone is busy, and make this decision based on who is logged into the station at the time.

However, what about the use of the "phantom mailbox" concept? (Each user has a dedicated station provisioned for them, but the stations are x-ported instead of assigned a physical port. Each user's Audix mailbox is assigned to their personal x-ported station; hence, each user gets their own phantom mailbox.) The users would still be able to hot-desk because their agent ID takes over the physical station they sit at, and there's no relationship between their agent ID and the x-ported station.

If your environment is such that you aren't looking for automatic routing to Audix (e.g.--the calling party could queue to someone else in the ACD, ask for the called party by name, and be transfered into the appropriate Audix mailbox), that might meet your needs.

I've seen this used in environments where the incoming calls were callbacks to a particular person (in response to messages left on answering machines, etc.), or where the ACD members know which colleague should get the message based on the type of inquiry made by the calling party.

If, however, you seek to create an environment where your agents can have calls "queued" into their Audix, I think you really are stuck.

--As twist on this last concept, though, I've seen organizations use vector logic to overflow the entire queue to a single Audix mailbox, assign someone to recover the messages periodically, and parse them out manually on a share-and-share alike basis to ACD members for callback (credit and collections environments).

This is really pretty easy to do. Assign voice mail boxes to the agent id number and not the phone number and then agents can sit at any desk any time. If you have people with permanently assigned phones and phone numbers the voice mail box should be assigned to that number.

You can do this if you have Expert Agent Selection (EAS). The agent-id form has a place for a coverage path. Use the coverage path for audix in the agent-id form.

One other option that is really easy that the Telecom engineer before me had people doing, in a similar situation is leave all the phones in TTI status. Then show have them how to take their phone out of TTI status. All settings will transfer and they don’t even realize what they are doing, they just think that they are logging in or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back