Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hostname Mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novelluser

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
IE
Hi Folks,

I am trying to use CPDM to config my firewall.. After accepting the first two ssl certificates it then gives me a hostname mismatch error. I think I fixed this by adding the hostname to the IP in the host file.. However I still cant seem to get in.. It keeps loading with the egg timer!! At the end of the IE bar this message is appearing...
"exception: java.security.accesscontrolexception: access denied (java.util.propertypermission.java.version read)"

Any Ideas guys and girls..

Thx

As NetworkGhost briefly stated, there is an issue with PDM and newer java runtime versions. I assume you have the latest jre installed and this won't work with PDM versions 302 or lower.

You should upgrade PDM to 303 (or higher - I think 304 is curent). In case you cannot upgrade, you need to downgrade your jre to a 1.4 version (remember to deinstall 1.5 before). But this might cause problems with stuff that needs jre 1.5.

Cheers *Rob

Did I mention that I hate these java version problems? >:-<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back