Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron37

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
Hello,
This may be off topic but I'm looking for a reliable asp hosting company. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm using 800hosting.com at the moment and have no complaints yet. Only had it for about 3 months, but everything is working fine. Good prices too. IMHO

Rob
Just my $.02.

There is a great community site/forums page called
There you can ask for hosting, but also you can do a "Search" and try looking host names you hear about there or in Google, so you can see user experiences. Is a well moderated site, not allowing ADs, and all comments are allowed so you can read about bad experiences, you can read some hosting admins' postings, etc. etc.

A good page to spend some days/weeks browsing until you feel confortable with something.

I wouln't recomend to accept anyone's recomendation without checking first some other hosts, and/or reading other peoples experiences. Sometimes is better a 14 pages thread with different people sharing things about a host than one comment saying "woah, you must try this host, is awesome!".

Anyway, in the hosting world the normal thing is to jump from one host to another some times until you find "your" host.

Good luck.

You could try MyLittleHost, the control panel is being re-built and MS SQL server will be operational in a week or two, and it's free.

------------------------------
------------------------------

If great price is what you're after you may want to look into where currently for $4.95/mo total you can set up 5 domains (i.e. separate Web sites).

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Developer
ASP Design Tips, ASP Web Database Demo, Free ASP Bar Chart Tool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back