Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hosting websites on Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

gib999

Programmer
May 18, 2005
CA
Can anyone suggest any guides or books that I can use to guide me in developing a hosting service on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition? I just bought a new Athlon 3200+ with Windows Server 2003 and I want to use it to host multiple websites from within an office network. The OS has just been freshly installed and I need to know where to go from here. What books or tutorials can you guys direct me to that will help me in this regard?

i think that for getting your head around IIS, you'd be surprise that the help pages installed with the OS are quite good to start with...

You'll need IIS host headers and alias records in dns for multipple site hosting...

Aftertaf
________
I reserve the right to be wrong, be confused, be suffering because it is monday, or because it is nearly the weekend.

HTTP Headers and DNS should just about do it but if you are hosting external sites you may want to look in to the IIS Lockdown tools that are available to ensure that there are no security holes open.

Hope it Helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back