Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hosting OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnumVP

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2002
US
<Exchange 2003>

I want to allow External users access to their email accounts through OWA.

My domain is Internal.com. I host websites and email for External.com I want to allow the users of External.com you access their email through OWA. They alreayd have access though POP3.

How is this possible?

Thanks...in advance.

Yes, it's possible. I am in the exact same situation.
Just create a user account for Externaluser@internal.com and in the Email Addressess tab of the Exchange properties, you need to create a new SMTP email address of Externaluser@External.com and "Set as Primary" so that all outgoing emails from him/her will be from the external address. If Externaluser is getting the Externaluser@External.com email somewhere else, you either need to edit the mx records at their registrar to point to your exchange server or simply have the email forwarded to the Externaluser@Internal.com.

See? Simple!!
Hope that helps

That is Perfect.. Thank you so very much

One more thing.

When the External Users go to log into OWA what username do they use?

UserName@Internal.com or UserName@External.com

I need them to use UserName@External.com

One more thing.....I only have one HTTP Virtual Server that the default domain is Internal.com Do I need to add a new HTTP VS for every External.com I am hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back