Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hosting a Dreamweaver Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeavich

Technical User
Aug 19, 2003
US
OK, so I am curious about hosting a Dreamweaver site. Most of the hosting services give Linux and Windows as the options for hosting. I am developing the site on a Mac using MX. What option do I need? Any suggestions for hosts. Thank you

I'm not an expert on the subject but if you are planing on using ASP(usually for a databse), a Windows server is what you want.

I use Linux when I create a basic HTML web site that does not require server script.
Linux servers are also usually much cheaper.

I'm sure someone else will be coming along that can give you a better answer than this but hope this much helps a little.

What technologies/languages are available for Mac/DWMX users?

I have never used MAC for anything but browsing the Web.

you shouldn't have any problems using the built in FTP in DWMX with either type of server assuming they run ftp. You can write in any language you want as long as the server supports it. so if you want to program CGI the server must have pearl installed, if you want ColdFusion the server has to have CF Server installed... so on and so forth.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- Quote by Douglas Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back