Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hosted Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2003
CA
Hello All,

I have setup my Exch2003 box to host for two domains.
I follwed this document
Everything works ok until I enable cached mode on the clients.... Without it they can only see thier part of the GAL. Once it is enabled and I update the GAL from Tools > Send/Recieve Download Address Book.. Now I can see everything in the GAL. This doesn't make sense as when I preview each GAL only the proper users appear and as far as I can tell I have set all permissions properly.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Thanks for the response.

I looked at that Article as well... Not helping me though.

I have this narrowed down a little more.

When cahced mode is disabled - Download address book gives the option for offline address book only - This results in only seeing what you should

When cached mode is enabled - Download address book gives the option for \Global Address List - This results in seeing everything

Still unsure why it is able to pull all the information as I have disabled all access to the default address list.

I am sure I am overlooking something small.

Here is what I did wrong I made to GALs... and two offline OABs.

I used the filtered GALs to add to the AOBs... I later found the following:

If you want to create an offline address list with a filtered copy of the global address list, you must actually use Address Lists instead of the Global Address lists. If you create an offline address list that contains any global address list, whether that global address list is filtered or not, the users download the largest global address list. Instead, you should create an address list with the same filter as your filtered global address list, and use that address list in your offline address list. To create an offline address list that contains a filtered copy of the global address list

This information was found here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back