Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

host script to drop out of host after file upload,& process file

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbuck60

Programmer
Jan 24, 2003
US
I have a remote computer using an old version of procomm plus [v2.01] which automatically transfers files to my host [also v2.01] periodically and puts them into the upload directory for later retrieval by a terminal script program.
[I'm using telix for this application].

Is there a newer not too expensive version of procomm plus which would support a host script which allows transfer of control after an upload to process selected files in the upload directory, go into terminal mode & upload them elsewhere , then drop back into host mode to wait for more files?

The only constraint I have is that I can't change the procomm version or operation on the remote computer.

There is no script written as such that I am aware of, but there are a few replacement host scripts available for the DOS version on my site.

was released by Datastorm and mimics most of the functionality of the host mode in Procomm, but it is a script so it is modifiable. This also requires the use of the large-model ASPECT compiler, available at
is another replacement host script from Datastorm.

is a third-party replacement host script.

is a modified version of the script in asphst.exe that supports ringback for security.

I have not used any of the above scripts, but they should all be modifiable to support your need. The same applies for the Windows versions of Procomm as well (the source for the host script ships with the Windows products).

aspect@aspectscripting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back