Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Host popups with cutepdf in xpmode

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwb

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
GB
Whenever I try to save something in cutepdf in xp mode, I get 3 identical popups (well, identical in content at least - one appears as an XP dialog, the others as W7 dialogs). One from xpmode and two from the host. They all ask for the directory and filename where I wish to save the PDF.

If finish off the transaction on xpmode and hibernate xpmode, the two host popups still stay up. Any idea how I can stop the two popups from appearing? If I happen to do several PDF docs, I have to close twice as many dialogs.

Have you tried uninstalling both installations of Cutepdf? Then installing the latest version in XP (and testing) then installing the latest version in Windows 7 (and testing both OS again)?

If it is more complex than the above suggestion then this is a handy Forum to know about.

Windows 7 Virtualization

There is always Cutepdf Support too.

Technical Support

Uninstalling cutepdf from W7 worked.

I don't quite understand what was happening. When I print to cutepdf in XP mode, does it invoke the XP mode drivers as well as the host drivers? Is this a special feature of XPmode - doesn't happen with VPC on Vista or XP.

I am not familiar with Cutepdf to comment on that program.

If the Printer used is on, or Shared with Windows 7, then there might be some interaction between drivers while printing?

There is some strange interaction with XP mode. For instance, I've only installed Office in XP mode: not on the host because I only ever use it with the scanner and some other tools which only work in XP mode.

From the host, if I try to open an excel spreadsheet, it starts up XP mode and opens the spreadsheet in there. If I try opening a PDF doc from XP mode, (adobe reader is installed on the host) it doesn't know what to do.

Anyway, the original problem has been solved so it is time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back