Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Host don't show as availble for a storage group

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandfred

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2001
DK
I am stomped.
We run a clariion 4500/4700 san, with navishpere 5.0 agents and 5.3 Manager.
I have just added a w2k machince, installed the driver, and agent, so far so good. I can see the WWWN of the switch and the manager can see the agent and configure it etc.
I have created a storage group, but I can't see the host in the list over hosts not connected.
What I am doing wrong ?
I am pretty sure its a agent vs manager problem, but what ?

In addtion.
when I try to run this command from the cli:

"navicli -d \\.\SCSI4:0:0:0 -h IP_ADRESS storagegroup -connecthost -host hostip -gname StorageGroup"

I get this error:

"Error: storagegroup command failed
Host specified is not known by storage system"

But I can see the host in the navisphere manager interface, does anybody know ? Or at least give me an idea of where to look, I have reinstalled drivers, and agent a few times, without any luck.

yes, I have tried both a version 5.0 and 5.3, same result.
Navisphere manager will not let me add any storage to the host.

Shouldn't it tell me if I wasn't ?
Navisphere manager accepts the hosts as a managed agent.
And I can configure the agent from the Manager, I can register the host through navicli, and get no errors.
And I do belive we have had more hosts on the system, but I will have to check that. And how do I check if its licensed or not ?

I found the problem. The HBA had been owned by another machince some time ago. That machince have been taken down and the HBA moved to the current machine.
But navisphere still associate the HBA id with the other machince name. So when I assined the storage group with the original machince name, the storage could be seen from the new host.
Question is now, how do I remove the old host name, and get navisphere manager to only see the correct host name.

I don't remember the exact command, but investigate:

navicli -h hostname port -delete -hba WWN

or something like that... the issue is to delete the WWN entry from the clariion. You must use Navisphere CLI. Another way is in Navisphere GUI:

right-click the machine icon
select "Connectivity status"
enter in engineering mode
desregister the WWN in question
quit engineering mode
in the new server stop and start the agent

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back