Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Horrible looking fonts using Frontpage . . . solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterout

Technical User
Nov 23, 2000
CA
I have created a number of pages using Arial font in Frontpage 2002. I have some headers over text blocks where I have set the font size to 5(18pt) and bold. The text is dark blue on a white background. When the pages are viewed on the browser ( and other browsers on different computers ) the text looks awful. The edges are very rough and jagged.

Any ideas? I have tried different fonts like Times New Roman etc., but the results are the same.

Thanks

Pete

Insert a graphic from photoshop or other image software that you can anti alias the font (remove the jaggies). There is no other work around when enlarging the font so big. DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

Thanks DeZiner

I have exported some text from Corel. Need to find something that will give me a sharper text image though. Anyways I was wondering if the problem with large text being jagged goes for all HTML writing programs. If so you would think there is a small program for just creating text images that can be done quickly.

Then again maybe there is the ideal font style for large text?

I will do some experimenting.

Thanks again.

Peter

Check the web. There are many sites that let you create simple, text based images via the web for free.

Here's one;

DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back