Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Horizontally increase width of the Crystal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

hharan

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
IN
If I have for example 25 fields in a report, actually there is a limit to width of report page in CR, and I think it depends up on type of printer configured to the machine. I want to know whether we can change the page size even if it is not supported by the configured printer. if I have more than 25 fields for instance, then they will shrink, I want the report to grow horizontally.Is there any way to increase the width of the report

What I have always done is set the paper size to Legal, landscape, which is the widest paper my printer will support. I also make the font 8, which is the smallest I can make it. Finally, if the report is still too narrow I export to excel to be able to read it.

I wish there was an option to extend vertical limits beyond the paper size, similar to the way that crosstab reports are treated. If it exists I have yet to find it. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Hai,

How can i increase the page width in Crystal Reports. Suppose, i have 50 fields. IN THIS SITUATION HOW CAN i increase the size.

Sekar-

Please read my post right before your in the thread. Nothing has changed since January. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgillz@juno.com

Haran and Sekar, Yes you can increase the width of the report. When creating a new report select "Custom Multi-Column" as the report type. It will ask you for the width of the page in inches.

Hope this helps...
The Wannabe

I have many sections in my report. Along with the details section I want to increase the width of the other sections. How do I do that?? Please let me konw how to do this.

If the report is not producing hard-copies (i.e exporting to Excel etc.) you can set-up a fictitous wide-format printer/plotter with a "File" destination and use the largest paper-size available (A3,A0 etc).This helps to some degree but only if you don't need oodles columns and don't have to print the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back