Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Horizontal scrolling in a tabular form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkellygb

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2001
GB
As we know, tabular forms scroll vertically. I want to invert the columns and rows so that the columns run down the left and the records scroll to the right.

Is this possible? Maybe with an ActiveX control?

Your help is appreciated.

Dave

Hi:

I assume you mean the field names are listed in a column at the left of the form, like:
Code:
              Record1     Record2     Record3

Name:        Gus       Tommy      Gladys
  Address:    1 A Ave     2 A Ave     9 A Ave
     City:         NY      Albany      Denver
    State:         NY          NY          CO
      Zip:      10234       10355       80224
Telephone:   123-4404    344-7788    999-8888

?

If that's right, I'd try to do that with a crosstab query. Gus Brunston [glasses] An old PICKer, using Access2000.

You have the right idea about the organisation. However, I would like the columns record1, record2, record3... recordn to be able to scroll to the right infinitely. This is how the access form works in an up and down direction, I just want it to work in a left to right direction.

Dave

Hi:

OK. A crosstab query will do that. Gus Brunston [glasses] An old PICKer, using Access2000.

Yes,

a crosstab query will do that but I would like to have it on a form. Are there any activeX controls which changes a tabular forms orientation from up/down to left/right?

Thanks,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back