Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Horizontal scroll question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribhead

Technical User
Jun 2, 2003
US
I asked this question a while back but didn't get anything to help. I have created a list box with about 12 columns. My problem is that when I scroll the last column width is huge. How can I correct this issue?

Thanks, Rib

Bartender:Hey aren't you that rope I threw out an hour ago?

Rope:No, I'm a frayed knot.

Take a look at the ColumnWidths property.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

How are ya ribhead . . . . .

[blue][purple]Width[/purple] property = Sum of [purple]Column Widths[/purple] property[/blue]

If [purple]Column Widths[/purple]= [blue]1";0.55";0";0";0.75"[/blue]
Then [purple]Width[/purple] = [blue]2.30[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

I've looked at the column width property. I understand about adding the widths up and making that my listbox width but what happens when you are restricted on space and have to make the listbox width smaller? Isn't that the reason for a horizontal scroll bar? For example I created a listbox with 6 columns and made them each 1". I made my list box width 6" and I get a horizontal scroll bar (cool) but when I scroll the last column is really wide. And I don't know why!

Thanks, Rib

ribhead . . . . .

Checked my library. You can [blue]increase the Width of the control a little[/blue] till the scrollbar disappears (then th columns show proper), but this is not what you want. I also show I did an extensive search on the problem & came up blank.

GoodLuck with this one . . . . .

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Oh Well thanks anyway Aceman. At least I know not to post the question again.

Thanks, Rib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back