Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Horizontal Page Numbers? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

osman1156

Programmer
Sep 8, 2006
CA
Hi,
I need to use the Horizontal Page Number in a formatting formula? Does any one know the actual name of that function and what it’s called?

I know I can use the PangeNumber or TotalPageCount but have no idea what is the one for Horizontal Page Number!!!!

Thanks

Samir

I was surprised to see that it is not available for use in formulas. Maybe if you explain what you are trying to do there will be another approach that will work.

-LB

I have a cross tab report that extended horizontally, I need to suppress the horizontal page number if the totalcount of horz. page numbers is equal to 1.

You could potentially use a conditional formula that is based on the number of columns that fit on the first page. Let's say your column field is {table.shipper}, and that five columns fit on the first page. You could then use a formula like:

distinctcount({table.shipper}) > 5

...to conditionally suppress the horizontal page number.

-LB

Sorry, that should have been:

distinctcount({table.shipper}) <= 5

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back