Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

horizontal bar chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrooster

Programmer
Aug 14, 2003
BE
Hello group,

I am trying to create a horizontal bar chart. Since these type of graphs are not supported, I tried the following workaround: I created a vertical bar chart and adjusted the orientation of the information displayed on the X and Y axis, but there is no way of changing the orientation of the legenda. Is there a solution to this?

Also, I would need to rotate this graph in a tool like Paint (to obtain the horizontal bar chart). Anyway to automate this?

Thanks

Sven

This is just a thought. If you are prepared to automate a rotation of the BO Chart using another tool, why don't you try a more radical approach and get the data into Excel and use the horizontal bar charts facility available in that product?

The forums are full of techniques for getting BO data into Excel.

Can't do this is BO, yet.

I hear that Horizontal Bar Charts will be there in 6.1.

Just tell people to tilt their head.

Steve Krandel
Knightsbridge Solutions
formerly BASE Consulting Group

Steve wrote:
"Just tell people to tilt their head."

[lol][lol][lol]

Sri

Primitive horizontal bar chart can be made by using the Fill function in combination with a certain font type.
(combined with logaritmic function for some cases)
If you are interested I'll send you an example.......

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

blom,

Infact if I remember properly you've given a demonstration of that some time back. I forgot which forum that was in. I think its here only.

Sri

Hi everybody,

just got back from a short holiday break. Thanks for the feedback.

Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back