Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hopw to export user details to a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecafracs

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2002
PH
Is it possible to export user details such as login script detials to a text file. I'm trying to view and edit my end user detials and have already a list of the users dumped via net users command. Now I can't seem to find a way on how to dump other details such as user profiles,home directory and the likes.
Nay help would be greatly appreciated!

hi,

try using this command

net user /domain username >output.txt

if you want to get information for all users i can tell you one simpple way . Create a batch file and call that batch file in your login script. use this command in the batch file

net user /domain %username% > %username%.txt

this will create the file on usernames. Then copy those files to central location and check out the information.

Hope this helps. Aslam

Check this link out...

Solved all my problems.... Uses LDIFDE (a command prompt utility from MS)... You can actually select which all attributes you want to save in the file... you can set filters as to which type of AD objects you want to save... etc.

Thanks !!! I did use the net user command. Now I have all of the users details in a text file, but 1 text file for each user is a burden. After all of the user profiles has been dumped to their respective text files, I have to do a "copy filename1+filename2+.....filenamex destination_output_filename" to compile all of the text files to a single text file.

T'Was a burden but I'm done anyway! A Million Thanks!!!

To concatenate all the files you could use:

Code:
FOR %a IN (dir *.txt) DO type %a >> c:\AllUsers.txt

That assumes all your files are in one folder. Just point your AllUsers.txt to somewhere other than that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back