Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hopefully not Farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPGuru

Vendor
Jun 24, 2003
GB
Just to let you all know that ins 2018 I was diagnosed with Rectal cancer.
We had though that that had been cured but recently it has been detected making a comeback.

I am due to have "Extensive" surgery mid November which if all goes well will put e out of action for a considerable time.
(12-16 Hrs Surgery, 2-3 months in Hospital, 6-12 months recovery).

Just in case I join the great Tom Haliday, it's been great interacting with you all.

See you next year where I can retract this & call you all a bunch of curse (only joking)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

Good luck. I'm a 10 year cancer survivor so it can be done.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

I Know
Had AP resection in 2019 but now have a recurrence & once again due to location MAJOR surgery.

also long term prognosis, after successful surgery the 5 year survival rate is 60%
(
If i did not already have a permeant stoma I would be scared s**tless.

ACSS

The best way to treat cancer is early detection. The second best way is surgery.

Good luck. Get well soon. See you next year.

Frank Clarke
--America's source for adverse opinions since 1943.

[thanks]
Early detection leads to successful & less extensive surgery, but once it is there, getting it out quick is always the preferred option (at least to patient's).
there was a slight error in my earlier post.
its not Major surgery, I wish it was 'only' major surgery, its much bigger than that [scream]

ACSS

Haven't logged on for ages and just saw this.
I am also a long term survivor (>30years), so rarely think about it unless I hear news like this.
My heart goes out to you and your friends and family. Hope things go as well as you hope.
Simon

Recovery going great,should be hung no we to inpatient rehab for extra physio & then I am on the home straight

ACSS

Yayy!!

Frank Clarke
--America's source for adverse opinions since 1943.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back