Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOOKING, EARTH CONNECTION: definitions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllvia

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
BG
Hi,
I'm translating a fax guide and I can't figure out what are HOOKING and EARTH CONNECTION.
Can you please help with a definition??
Thanks!
s.

Context:
PBX
The fax is connected through a PBX. Select one of the following settings, depending on the type of PBX in service. Three settings are available:
- HOOKING
- EARTH CONNECTION
- PREFIX
If you select PREFIX, you can set a number up to 20 digits long, including the “P” at the end.

I don't know for sure but my guess would be that hooking is for centrex lines, earth ground for ground start line and the last one I have know idea but would probobly try that setting.

What type of Fax machine are you using? It almost sounds as if the question is what trunk start type (Loop, Ground, Immediate, Wink, etc). What country are you in or was your fax manufactured for? we'll see if we can figure that out.

I'm translating the user guide for a Canon multifunctional device - printer, fax, scanner.
As far as I understand these PBX types depend on the country (I'm in Bulgaria, but I don't know what country the fax has been manufactured for.)
Anyway, I told the client they should provide some explanation.
s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back