Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Homepage Hijacking Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

laite

Technical User
Aug 7, 2001
GB
I'd REALLY value some advice. Don't know how it happened, some virus maybe, but my browser homepage has been hijacked, but not in all users, only the ground level (what you get without a password, just by pressing cancel)

The usual procedure of changing homepage doesn't work now - tools-internet options-fill in address box... because this has been disabled at the point where you get to type in a new homepage. All this area has been greyed out: the address bar, the use current, the use default and the use blank.

In addition, if I try to set the homepage by clicking on one of those websites that has a javascript command that changes the homepage, that comes up as a page error.

Anyone have any idea how I can release my homepage from the clutches of this control?

My apologies! I didn't notice the solution at the bottom of the FAQ page.

I tried it and it worked. Thanks again to Reghakr!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back