Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Homepage Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdev

Programmer
Mar 25, 2001
NL
Hello everybody,

I don't know if I'm in the right forum, but I'm going to ask it here anyway. I make homepages for a couple of years now. My sites are greater every time a build a new one. Right now I'm busy with XML/PHP/Java site. Technically all great.

But what I'm asking myself for five years now: What content makes your homepage a usefull homepage. The ultimate homepage is everything about yourself, history etc. But what's the use? Who cares? A web site have to contain information about people's interest. Like new facts in the world or something. But that isn't a homepage. At least not a personal homepage :)

But my question to you is: What makes your homepage a good homepage? What content do you have on your homepage?? Cats en dogs in your house? Books you've read? Tell me!!

Greetings,

Mr. Dev :)

I always see (my) homepage as sort of a business card on the net. Contact details etc

Donr know if that help. Dean Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back