Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOME WIRELESS PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

just1fix

Technical User
Oct 13, 2004
US
I have a home-networking problem I'm a little stumped with. I have a total of four computers. One upstairs with a Motorola cable modem connected to a Links wireless router. The other three I have in the basement. All the matching cards are installed with the downstairs computers. I have had this working for almost two weeks without any problem. Yesterday, the computers downstairs cannot connect to anything. I can't ping any of the downstairs computers to anything, including the router. It says "host is unreachable" The computer upstairs where the modem and router are, work fine. When I look in My Network Places, it says that "Media is disconnected" on the downstairs computers. When I attempt to connect, I get the box that says "Webpage not available offline, retry or work offline" Something like that. I do not get the "Page cannot be displayed" message. There have been no physical changes. I have reinstalled the cards, the drivers, and even the O/S and still nothing. Just wondering if anyone can share some light on where I can look next, as I'm at a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back