Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaddio

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2004
GB
Hello All,
My first question this. I have 5 PC’s in the house (his/hers and the kids) one of which I use as a webserver. I built it out of spare bits following upgrades on the others. 3 of the machines are networked through a Netgear DG834G wireless whilst the other 2 (including the webserver) are direct attach.
The webserver is what I need assistance on.
This machine is an AMD2000 driven standard box with half a gig of mem and Windows XP Pro. I use Cintel webserver version 2.0 with Rocon MydynIP doing the dynamic IP update on Firstly, if I type in my site address inside my network it resolves to the admin oage on the Netgear router –why is that? I’m assuming it must be something to do which the router knowing the site IP address and not actually getting my request out to the internet.
Secondly, if I try to access the site externally I get in ok but following a site up date I only see the original. I’ve cleared out the cache and history but no success.
Anyone help ?

Thanks and Regards

Theaddio

Barnsley? Yes - SWFC? sorry who?

As for your first issue, I think it has to do with sending a request out to the Internet for something internal. Try adding a host record to you local machine and see if that fixes it. Look in C:\%SYSTEMROOT%\DRIVERS\ETC for the hosts file, edit with Notepad.

Second. Dumb question, did you try Refresh? Otherwise I cannot think of anything... Sorry

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

Refresh CTRL F5 and make sure you did replace the files for your second problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back