Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home Network SMTP CHallenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoryan

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
GB
I am running Small Business Server on a Home Network, that will become a staging server for a club website - with contributors dialling in over a VPn to use a COntent Management System.

The server came with SMall business Server. As soon as I connected the client to the server, I was presented with using Exchange - overkill admittedly for my needs but it came with the machine. I am trying to configure it therefore for sending and recieving emails from 3 different internet email accounts.

My broadband provider provides an smtp address, and I want to simply send and receive emails (out on SMTP and in on Pop3). Do I need to use exchange, or will stopping exchange cause more problems than it is worth. If I need to use exchange how can I configure it to let me send from the different accounts using the bulldog smtp account? Exchange seems to want a URL which at present I do not want to include

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back