Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

home folder size

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvgirl64

MIS
Aug 27, 2002
US
Is there a way to place a limit on the size of each user's home folder? I'm having disk space issues.
Thanks!

Hey wvgirl64,

You can also try this if the users use IE for Internet. Go to Documents and Settings do a search on T.IE5. This will bring up History.IE5 folder for each user, this folder will reach 300+ megs the allowable size of Internet Cache. If you delete these folders IE will automatically recreate them. * Don't delete the Default users folder. This is used to re-create the folders for the other users. This have saved me upto a 2 gig on each server. I do this monthly

stox - cca

I had thought about the quote feature, but was not sure that would work since I as administrator created the home folders when I set up the accounts. How does Windows know then that the home folders are on a per-user basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back