Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home drive Issues-Folder redirection ??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSinister

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
GB
Hey All...

Have setup a windows 2000 adv server.
The problem i am getting is that when i log into this server as ANY user, any items i have in my home drive automatically appear on my desktop in program groups. So basically, if i have folders A,B,C in my homedrive & files C,D,E, upon logging in, folders A,B,C appear on the desktop as well as files C,D,and E.
I have checked the group policy and can find no info as to why this is happening and i know i have not changed any settings for this to occur.
Have checked folder re-direction but cannot find any settings which specify direct all homedrive folders to users desktop.

Any one know wasssup wid this ????

While I don't know "wasssup wid this", I'd hazard a guess that you have roaming profiles enabled.

wasssup wid this = whats up with this ???
anyhow...

roaming profiles are enabled, but cannot find the settings to disable the folders from appearing on the desktops.
i mean if you have 100 folders in your homedrive, you dont want ALL 100 appearing on your desktop, that would be a mess no ?
anyone know please?
as in how to leave the folders on the homedrives and stop them appearing on the desktop ?

Hi,

What path do you have for the "My Documents" files for the users and what path for the home dirs folder?

I am not sure yet but it feels like you have the two paths crossing eachother.

But I need a bit more info I think.

Thanks,

Pim

have got this sorted now thanks...
thank you to all that helped !!
:)
[afro]

OK so how did you fix it? Were the paths crossed or a policy or...I am interested in the repair action!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back