Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Home cordless

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
Have a Norstar customer who is building a huge home and asking me for a cordless system with multiple lines, multiple phones, multiple voicemail boxes and paging, YOW what next?? Anyone know of anything like this?

Why not a Norstar w/T7406 sets that act like T7316E sets? I would recommend at least having one T7316E set on the system. You could also try BCM50 w/T7406 sets.

The only problem with 7406 phones is that the coverage area is not the best. However, in a house situation with wooden studs that might work.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

The T7406 wouldn't be the only phones to be sold in this solution, unless you use external paging. You can page from a T7406, but they aren't a speaker phone. Paging speakers have come a long way and you should be able to find some that would blend with home decor. There are a some things you should think about when proposing this.
1. Do they want paging coverage everywhere?
2. Do they want zoned paging?
3. Do they want paging over the phones? If so, then desk phones are needed.
4. Do they want a purely wireless phone solution? You should have at least one T7316E in the mix...

Think about the questions and the solutions available then propose the best mix for the customer. That's the best I can do for you, since I am also a vendor.

The wireless norstar digital phone are expensive and don't have very good range. You could buy analog modules and hook up a cheap cordless from walmart. You can set up paging and voice mail over cordless phones. The flash button becomes the feature button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back