Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Holiday settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro21

Technical User
Jan 15, 2015
CA
I currently have a bcm50 using scheduled night service. I have been asked to set up holiday greetings and schedules. Have not done this before but see in call pilot where the programming is. As an example christmas eve they close at noon. the regular night service starts at 6pm. do they have to manually turn on the service at noon to activate holiday greeting. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Holiday greeting is just that a greeting. It will activate automatically at 12:00am on the specified date and run until 11:59pm. Every year.

Marv ccna

Thanks. Ringing service is schedule to not run between 8am and 6pm every day. Would customer have turn the service on manually so greeting played all day?? Thanks.

Sometime the odd person confuses Voice Mail Scheduling with Service Modes.
Service Modes/RingSchedule/NightService...what ever you want to call it, it should not be confused with Voice Mails schedules or greetings.
All Service modes on the KSU does it tell lines to ring at specific DN's, vmails DN being one of them in most cases...it does not tell voice mail to play a certian greeting at a certian time which is the job of vmails programming.
il programming.

Service Modes - to tell voice mail to answer right away (or do not use it and stick with AA/Line settings in vmail)
Voice Mail - To tell which greeting to play at which parts of the day.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks curlycord that explains it well. I understand about setting up the greetings in the vm. However what i can't grasp is the fact their ring/night schedule is programmed to stop at 9 am and start 6pm every day of the week. How does one get the service to come on for the whole day on a holiday to play that greeting. Appreciate your assistance.

In this example
Client is human answer and has AA answering after 4 rings, at night they invoke service mode so that the caller does not have to wait for the 4 rings.

Voice Mail: AA/Lines/XXX - Answer AA,Table 1, Rings 4 <---this will work 24/7
KSU: Service/RingingService/Schedule:Night

Night = Manual , reception every day presses F871 and chooses Night at 5pm.
or
Night = Auto, Services/CommonSettings/ScheduleTimes/ choose day and program start/stop times (5pm - 9am)

In the case of a Holiday manual mode works best because they do F871 Friday night and cancel it Tuesday morning

Note when using KSU/Services it will answer right away, this means if you have POT's lines you will not get Caller ID since it is sent between the first and second ring.

For those cases I only push clients to use Services modes when it is a warehouse DN (or certain DN) that needs to get the on duty night staff.
4 Rings is not a big deal to wait for AA in this example.

Since I do not push service modes I am not sure if the no CLID goes for PRI or SIP (on BCM) as well, somebody else can chime in.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Well thanks for everyones advice. Customer has decided to go manual night service and greeting states hours for sat,sun and holidays will all be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back