Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Holiday hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumCrazy1

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
With the labor day holiday coming up I need to know how to add a new greeting to my attend with holiday hours and change the time the greeting is played for holiday hours.

Can someone walk me through the steps?

Thanks,

This ain't Nortel dude, it all depends on what portion of your call flow you want to change and is it Lite or PRO. First thing how many company greetings are you changing? Second is it one general greeting or a day and night? Most likely you would have recorded a .wav message in a MENU Prompt after your original Start point. If this is the case, just open your call flow (understanding that this is VM Pro) double click on your "MENU" icon, go to "ENTRY PROMPT" in hear you should have a wave file that you can double click on and listen to. At the top of the player it gives you the option to listen either from the P.C. or telephony. Choose telephony and enter in a set ext to the right side of a local phone near you. Hit the green circle button near the bottom, it is your record button for the player. A screen prompt pops up and tells you, that you are about to rerecord over a message bla, bla, bla hit yes. Your local phone starts to ring with the heading INVITE, pick it up and the auto voice will tell you to record message. Do recording and then hit stop or the hook switch and hang up. At this time your are done.

Time change can be found in Manager under Time Profiles. Again how many companies are we talking about? You need to find out what time profiles are being used currently, I.E. Day, Night, In/Out Service etc.... Once in these profiles you can easliy modify your changes, as you will have a visual layout already created. If you are testing these greetings out, pending on your S/W version and your time server, most likely you will have to reboot, VM PRO plus your switch (403/406/412) Wait a couple of minutes for voicemail to kick in with the new times and *91 or if not setup call in the #. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back