Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Holding a Fixed Address In the Address Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krus1972

Programmer
Mar 18, 2004
US
1. We are using sub-domains (i.e. xxxx.yyyy.ourdomain.com) to allow visitors to search our database.

2. Our server is programmed to redirect ALL subdomains to a single webpage that will contain the query from the subdomain (i.e.
Although the visitor will be at a different page (see 2 above) within our website, we would like to keep the subdomain in the visitors' address bar shown in 1. above.

I think what we are looking for is a small javascript that will allow us to display a different address in the visitors' address bar then the acutall page they are viewing. We don't want to use frames or Iframes.

Thanks.

Why not put the query page in its own directory and make that subdirectory a virtual directory to all the subdomains? That would avoid having to spoof the URL.

Lee

or use framed forwarding.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back